11.8.05

Everything


It was a beautiful day
It was the most glorious day
I can't remember a day being any better

They were so in love
They were beginning the journey
They were starting with all of us beside them

At a moment of communion
I danced in an entwinement of exotic fabric
My toes and finger tips were carried by a supernatural current
God was present
This was Love

"You are the life to my soul
You are my purpose
You are everything
And how can I stand here with you and not be moved by you
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this"


Today they are not so much in Love
They speak sometimes
But they are continents apart

I don't hear that song on the radio anymore
but I hear one that's similar
Its not the greatest
In fact,....its labeled as a "bad christian song"
But the vocal is distinct and still the same
And every time I hear it, a stubborn tear forces its way
out.
I am reminded....

Of a beautiful day
A glorious day
A day that I can't remember ever being better

8 Comments:

At 8/18/2005 3:12 PM, Blogger HangingUpsideDown said...

For all of you who read this poem and came up with the idea that Ben and I aren't doing well,....you've missed the concept completly.



Here's a tip,...its not about us:)

 
At 8/18/2005 4:19 PM, Blogger audi said...

well, you guys aren't continents apart. a king size bed isn't that big. so i didn't think it was you.

 
At 8/18/2005 4:20 PM, Blogger audi said...

but it's a beautiful poem.
sorry for the double comments, blogger don't like me much today.

 
At 8/19/2005 11:43 AM, Blogger Bex5x5 said...

Wow, I guess since we were just recently talking about this I of course knew what it was about...but it's so well written that if you took most of your literal descriptions as symbolic, it does kind of sound like maybe you and Ben are having some problems.

 
At 8/20/2005 11:37 AM, Blogger John H said...

After having been married for many years, I can tell you that sometimes you do feel a continent away from your spouse even when you are in the same house, room or bed.

I didn't really think this was about you because when I see you and Ben together, I don't see distance.

Good imagery.

 
At 8/21/2005 11:19 PM, Blogger Tavius said...

i like try to not figure out who people are writting about.......its alot harder, its a fun game, just think of who they are not talkin about.
now everyone play!

its not about me.

 
At 8/22/2005 11:21 AM, Blogger HangingUpsideDown said...

Nope, nope. Never danced in an entwinement of exotic fabric in front of you or for you,....don't plan on starting anytime soon.

 
At 8/23/2005 1:19 AM, Blogger Bex5x5 said...

Oh come on Steph, I know that special bond the two of you share...although do you love hating each other or hate loving each other...I can never remember ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home